S4x23 Women In ICS Security Program
Women represent 51% of the population, and 60% of those attending college today. And yet only ~12% of the ICS security community are women. It often is difficult for women to enter and thrive in the male dominated and often intentionally and unintentionally discriminatory ICS security field. At S4 we want to help try to change this for reasons of basic fairness, for the sake of our daughters, sisters and female friends, and for the very pragmatic reason that women, by sheer numbers, represent the best chance to deal with the shortage of ICS security professionals needed to create and secure the future.
Fortunately, women are making impressive contributions to our field, and we were thrilled to offer the first ever Women In ICS Security program at S4x22. A S4 record 164 women attended the event. This is probably the largest gathering ever of women in the ICS security field. We also had many great sessions presented by women on all three stages. Much of the credit for these speakers is due to the women pioneers that led the way.
We are offering a similar free Women In ICS Security program, for women, at S4x23.
Learn, Build Grow: Career Building for Women in ICS Security
- All activies the Monday before S4x23 (Feb 13). This includes sessions in the S4 Prime Rooms, SBOM Pavilion and Badge Pickup Event.
- The Women In ICS Security Career Building Panel and Social Event the evening of Feb 13th
- All sessions on all three stages on Day 1 (Feb 14th)
- 1-1 Women’s Career Coaching Sessions
- The S4 Welcome Party the evening of Day 1 at the Miami Beach Botanical Gardens.
Simply stated we have 100 Women In ICS Security tickets (Update: All 100 tickets are claimed. Join the waitlist in case any are cancelled) that allow any women to come to the pre-S4 events on Monday and stay through the Welcome Party Tuesday night for free. Our hope is the experience and connections will help women with their careers in this field.
NOTE: Women with a full S4x23 ticket do not need a Women In ICS Security ticket to attend the Women In ICS Security Career Building Panel and Social Event.
Women In ICS Security Career Building Panel and Social Event
Early Monday evening, Feb 13th from 6:30 – 8:30, there will be a women-only event held at the beautiful indoor/outdoor Preston’s Terrace at the Loews Miami Beach. It will kick off with a Career Building Panel featuring leading women from various aspects of ICS Security concurrent with a social/networking gathering. There will be food, drink, swag and lots of networking. At S4x22 we had ~100 women at the event. This year we expect more! It’s a great way to think about your career and meet the other women attendees before S4 starts.
- Moderator: Saltanat Mashirova, Advanced Cyber Security Architect/Engineer, Honeywell
- Michelle Balderson, Global Security Executive, OTORIO, Thought Leader in Addressing Risk in Operational Environments
- Sarah Fluchs, CTO, admeritia
- Diane Golden, System Security Architect, Rockwell Automation
- Roya Gordon, Security Research Evangelist, Nozomi Networks
- Madison Horn, CEO, Founder and Former US Senate Nominee, Roserock Advisory Group
Preston’s Terrace at Loews Miami Beach
Women In ICS Security 1-1 Coaching Sessions
Experience ICS women have volunteered to conduct 1-1 coaching sessions at various times during S4. Sign-up at Monday’s event or at the Women In ICS Security table next to the S4 badge pick-up.
More coaching volunteers are welcome. Use this QR code to become part of the coaching team.
Worthy Cause Exhibitor: Tuesday
Meet ICS Security Women and learn more about the Women In ICS Security Program at their table outside the Main Stage on Tuesday.
Women In ICS Security Cabana Lounge: Wednesday Afternoon
Meet other ICS Security Women, attend 1-1 coaching sessions and relax in the North Cabana 2nd Floor, above the main Cabana area surrounding the Surfcomber Pool